Fundraising Program - Raffle
Tewa has been conducting different programs as part of our fundraising strategy to promote local philanthropy. The main objective of local fundraising is to inculcate a habit of giving for community development and self-sustainability.
Raffle Ticket is one of the programs Tewa has been conducting since 1999 where the local community members, annual donors and several others participate in support of community philanthropy. Out of many fundraising events, raffle is the most popular activity where we have full participation from our volunteers and grantee partners. This year, on the occasion of International Volunteers Day on 5th Dec, 2016 we opened our raffle in the presence of General Secretary and Philanthropy Co- Chair Riva Thapa, Board Member Nita Lama , Grantees, Volunteers and Tewa staff.
The entire funds raised through this program was Rs 180,000.00 (one lakh eighty thousand )- USD 1800.00 which goes to various grantee organizations of Nepal and the grants are used in various ways to address issues such as women empowerment, women sexual and reproductive health rights, awareness/ advocacy on gender discrimination and violence against women. So far, Tewa has helped 436 organizations working for women empowerment throughout Nepal.
The three top prizes for this raffle program was sponsored by R.B Diamond Jewelers Pvt Ltd, Newroad, Kathmandu. Similarly, ten consolation prizes were sponsored by different well- wishers of Tewa.
The prize for this year was as follows: Winners
- First prize - Diamond ring worth Rs 15,000 : Shaina Shrestha
- Second prize - Gold pendant worth Rs 10,000 : Kiran
- Third prize - Silver candle stand (traditional Nepali diyo) : Nepal Mahila Samudayik Sewa
- Fourth prize - Gift hamper worth Rs 2,000 : Sunil Basnet
- Fifth prize - Gift hamper worth Rs 1,500 : Sarita Shrestha
- Consolation prize - Gift hampers worth Rs 500 to 15 individuals : Rojina Shrestha, Dikshya Timalsina, Ram Bahadur, Sunita (Bluebird), Gyanu Basnet, Jaya Travels, Dhurba Gautam, Ojashwi Basnet, Dr. Sangita Sharma, Matri Bhumi Samaj, Kripa Thapa, Gauri Syangbo, Neeva Pradhana, Maitt Munch, Sheetal Bajracharya